2. Personal information you are asked to supply during your use of the Site including that you supply voluntarily as part of the registration process and any other information relating to your Contributions (“Your Data”), will be used by us, our group companies, service providers and other organisations and by subcontractors, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your Membership; (ii) in making decisions about whether any Contributions you seek to upload onto the Site should be accepted, rejected or used; (iii) for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 10 below); and/or (iv) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
3. You may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use your details, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings in any publicity.
4. Your Data supplied as part of your Membership profile will, unless we tell you otherwise, be able to be seen by other users of the Site so make sure you only provide information you are happy to be seen in this way. You can control some of the information other users see using your “profile” page.
6. The information collected on the Site includes:
- a. Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet and are used by us to observe users’ interest in this Site (number of visits, etc).
- b. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer or other device and used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the Site also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users’ computer. We will use such cookies to identify unique users to the Site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
- c. Cookies also allow us to make our sites more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site.
7. We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use the Site. To do this, we may use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on the Site. The type of information we collect includes content viewed, pages, site sections and videos. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing companies log the information coming from the Site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used and the marketing companies do not have access to your personal data such that you can be personally identified.
9. Disabling/Enabling Cookies – users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however may mean that some functionality of the Site may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please click here for the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s guidelines: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html
10. There are opportunities on the website to receive e-mail communications alerting you to news and offers from us as fully explained before you subscribe. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by replying to the email using the “unsubscribe” link.
12. If you are 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information on the Site.
13. We will hold your Data and Contributions for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose.